Here are the top 10 reasons to adopt a teen in foster care:
- No formula, diapers, bottles, or burp rags required.
- We sleep through the night even if our parents won’t.
- We will be ready to move out soon, but will always come home to visit.
- We can program your cell phone and teach you how to run your computer.
- We will keep you up to date with the latest fashion trends.
- Once we get our permits, we can drive you places.
- You don’t just get a child, you get a friend.
- We pick up after ourselves and do our own laundry.
- We will teach you how to be more patient, understanding, and empathetic.
- We all need someone to share our life dreams, achievements and holidays with.
To learn more about teens in foster care and how you can help, visit our page.
The concept of 10 top reasons to adopt a teen was developed by the Oklahoma Youth Advisory Board – 2000. This updated version was made with the help of Massachusetts Department of Social Services Caring for Kids Campaign and You Gotta Believe Youth.